The Do’s and Do Not’s of Applying with a Staffing Firm
So have you ever applied with a staffing agency and never got a call back? Or if you did get an opportunity it wasn’t the right one? Or are you in the job market place today and you’ve never worked with a staffing agency and you’re wondering how to apply with one?
Aaron Grossman, the President and founder of TalenLaunch, shares with you the do’s and don’ts of applying with a staffing agency.
- Research. Make sure you’re applying with the right agency for you! There’s basically two types of agencies: generalist agencies and specialized agencies.
- Interview. Make sure that you dress properly and discuss the positives and the negatives of your career path.
- Follow-up. Once you’ve actually registered and applied and interviewed with a staffing agency, you’re going to be one of the thousands of people that are literally in a staffing firm’s database. If you simply follow up, you will be top of mind.
- Skills: Do not put skills in your application that you don’t have. This can hinder the recruiter’s ability to find the right job for you and could lead to jobs that you’re not qualified for.
- Desperation: Times are tough and and we all know that. However if you come across as desperate, you may show the wrong motivation that could damage your career path.
- Treat the staffing agency like your Employer: Treat it like an employer because that’s what they are going to be for you, they are going to be signing your paychecks when you land an assignment. So make sure that when you’re coming in for the interview that you’re treating it as such.
More From Our Experts
For Immediate Release Media Inquiries: Jeffrey M. Staats Director of Marketing firstname.lastname@example.org TalentLaunch Hires Jeffrey M. Staats to Lead their Marketing Transformation Efforts CLEVELAND, OH – August 30th, 2018 – TalentLaunch, a network of...read more
CLEVELAND, OH – August 15, 2018 – TalentLaunch, a network of independently-operated staffing firms, has been named to the Inc. 5000 list of America’s fastest-growing companies for the sixth consecutive year. This list represents a unique look at the most successful...read more
CLEVELAND, OH – August 7th, 2018 – TalentLaunch, a network of independently-operated staffing firms, recently welcomed Bonney Staffing Center, a leading provider in light industrial, call center, and office staffing to provide top talent to great employers...read more