The Do’s and Do Not’s of Applying with a Staffing Firm
So have you ever applied with a staffing agency and never got a call back? Or if you did get an opportunity it wasn’t the right one? Or are you in the job market place today and you’ve never worked with a staffing agency and you’re wondering how to apply with one?
Aaron Grossman, the President and founder of TalenLaunch, shares with you the do’s and don’ts of applying with a staffing agency.
- Research. Make sure you’re applying with the right agency for you! There’s basically two types of agencies: generalist agencies and specialized agencies.
- Interview. Make sure that you dress properly and discuss the positives and the negatives of your career path.
- Follow-up. Once you’ve actually registered and applied and interviewed with a staffing agency, you’re going to be one of the thousands of people that are literally in a staffing firm’s database. If you simply follow up, you will be top of mind.
- Skills: Do not put skills in your application that you don’t have. This can hinder the recruiter’s ability to find the right job for you and could lead to jobs that you’re not qualified for.
- Desperation: Times are tough and and we all know that. However if you come across as desperate, you may show the wrong motivation that could damage your career path.
- Treat the staffing agency like your Employer: Treat it like an employer because that’s what they are going to be for you, they are going to be signing your paychecks when you land an assignment. So make sure that when you’re coming in for the interview that you’re treating it as such.
More From Our Experts
For the 7th Time, TalentLaunch Appears on the Inc. 5000, Ranking No. 3878 With Three-Year Revenue Growth of 85 Percent
CLEVELAND, OH August 14, 2019 – Inc. magazine today revealed that TalentLaunch is No. 3878 on its annual Inc. 5000 List, the most prestigious ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies. The list represents a unique look at the most successful companies...read more
CLEVELAND, OH - AUGUST 12th - TalentLaunch, a nationwide network of independently-operated staffing and recruitment firms, has recently been ranked as one of the Largest Staffing Firms in the United States by Staffing Industry Analysts (SIA), the global advisor on...read more
When people think about the benefits of using a staffing agency, they might think the only benefit is that a staffing agency will simply save you some time filling your job openings. While it is true, they will save you time, their impact reaches much further and...read more