The Do’s and Do Not’s of Applying with a Staffing Firm
So have you ever applied with a staffing agency and never got a call back? Or if you did get an opportunity it wasn’t the right one? Or are you in the job market place today and you’ve never worked with a staffing agency and you’re wondering how to apply with one?
Aaron Grossman, the President and founder of TalenLaunch, shares with you the do’s and don’ts of applying with a staffing agency.
- Research. Make sure you’re applying with the right agency for you! There’s basically two types of agencies: generalist agencies and specialized agencies.
- Interview. Make sure that you dress properly and discuss the positives and the negatives of your career path.
- Follow-up. Once you’ve actually registered and applied and interviewed with a staffing agency, you’re going to be one of the thousands of people that are literally in a staffing firm’s database. If you simply follow up, you will be top of mind.
- Skills: Do not put skills in your application that you don’t have. This can hinder the recruiter’s ability to find the right job for you and could lead to jobs that you’re not qualified for.
- Desperation: Times are tough and and we all know that. However if you come across as desperate, you may show the wrong motivation that could damage your career path.
- Treat the staffing agency like your Employer: Treat it like an employer because that’s what they are going to be for you, they are going to be signing your paychecks when you land an assignment. So make sure that when you’re coming in for the interview that you’re treating it as such.
More From Our Experts
CLEVELAND, OH - March 9th, 2020 - TalentLaunch, a nationwide network of independently operated staffing and recruitment firms, recently announced a number of changes to its Executive Leadership team, including the addition of Scott Engel as Senior VP of Finance and...
CLEVELAND, OH - February 24th, 2020 - TalentLaunch, a nationwide network of independently operated staffing and recruitment firms, recently announced Scot Carboni as Vice President of Operations. In this role, Scot is responsible for influencing the growth and...
TalentLaunch Wins ClearyRated’s 2020 Best of Staffing Client and Talent Awards for Service Excellence
We recently announced that we have won multiple Best of Staffing Client and Talent Awards for providing superior service to our clients and candidates across their network. Presented in partnership with presenting sponsor, CareerBuilder, and gold sponsors Indeed and...